Diabetes is a condition that stops a person’s body from producing enough insulin or responding to it normally. Insulin is a hormone that regulates the amount of glucose (sugar) in the body.
Diabetes results in higher levels of glucose in the person’s blood and urine.
If you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes, we have all the resources you need to manage it and continue living your best life.
Some of our diabetes services include:
- Medical management
- Blood sugar testing
- Care for wounds and other complications
- Diabetes self-management classes and support groups
- Insulin pump management
The thyroid is a gland in the neck that releases hormones that regulate growth, development and metabolism. Most thyroid disorders are caused by a person’s body either not creating enough or creating too much of the thyroid hormones.
Treatment for thyroid disorders vary greatly depending on the situation. We’ll help you decide the best care plan for your thyroid issue and walk you through it every step of the way.
Some treatments include:
- Thyroid function tests, including Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) tests
- Block or augment thyroid hormone production
- Radioactive iodine treatment that disables the thyroid
- Thyroid surgery to remove part or the entire gland
Calcium is important to keep your heart and muscles working properly. If your body isn’t producing enough calcium, we can help you maintain a healthy level through:
- Bone scans
- Bone density evaluations
- Evaluation and treatment of hyper and hypocalcemia
- Osteoporosis prevention and treatment
Adrenal disorders are typically caused when a person’s body either has too much or too little of a particular hormone. If your doctor indicates that you have this issue, they will walk you through all the treatments that are best for you.
They may include:
- Surgery to remove tumors in one or both of the adrenal glands
- Minimally invasive surgery performed through the nostrils to remove tumors in the pituitary gland
- Medication to stop the excess production of hormones
- Hormone replacement